Autoradio Android per ford Fiesta 2010

Aperto da claud43, 13 Dicembre 2019, 12:10:54

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

jimaek22

Citazione di: Maya il 13 Aprile 2022, 12:33:58
I sent you an email, did you get it?

If you are Federico then Yes i got your mail although i though that this was from an online seller that recently i tried to purchase schematics. In any case, I want to thank you very much for your share.

I checked the schematics for Fiesta 2010 an it seems that they work for my car. After studying the diagrams i found out that indeed the steering wheel buttons send signal to the ford's OEM audio display via resistance. But i found a discrepancy between the wiring diagram and the connectors pinout for the C2MC02 plug of the Ford OEM radio display.
If you check the attached pictures you will see that in the audio wiring diagram (PDF Page 112) in the "radio remote control switch" and the "steering column function switch" are both connected to the C2MC02 plug in pin 9  (SMC with GY/YE cable color) and pin 10 (SMC GND with BN/GN cable color).
Now, if you check the pinouts of the C2MC02 plug (PDF Page 443) you will see that pin 9 has BK-WH cable color which is different than the GY/YE of the wiring diagram and pin 10 has the same cable color BN/GN as the wiring diagram. Also, pin 7 has the GY/YE color which in thw wiring diagram corresponds to pin 9.

So i am confused what is the correct cable colors and the correct pinout place in the C2MC02. I have the feeling that the correct combination is the one of the wiring diagram but cant be 100% sure.

Can you have a look and let me know if i miss something from the diagrams and also tell me your opinion of what is the correct cable color and pinout place combination.

Thanks again, Dimitris

Maya

Yes, I'm Federico.
There are actually some discrepancies.
Also on page 101 (413-08-00-1) in the C2MC02 connector the PIN 9 is repeated twice. PIN9 is SMC (GY / YE), PIN10 is SMC-GND and PIN7 is GND (BK / WH).
You can check with a multimeter if the PIN7 is really connected to the ground (for example on a screw connected to the chassis).
In any case, I give you another diagram of the audio section only, which I hope is correct!
Le mie Ford:
Focus Mk1.5 1.8 TDCi 115CV SW
Focus Mk2 1.6 TDCi 90CV SW
Focus Mk2 1.6 TDCi 90CV 5P
Fiesta Mk7.5 1.5 TDCi 75CV mod >> 95CV

jimaek22

Citazione di: Maya il 13 Aprile 2022, 15:26:00
Yes, I'm Federico.
Also on page 101 (413-08-00-1) in the C2MC02 connector the PIN 9 is repeated twice. PIN9 is SMC (GY / YE), PIN10 is SMC-GND and PIN7 is GND (BK / WH).
You can check with a multimeter if the PIN7 is really connected to the ground (for example on a screw connected to the chassis).
In any case, I give you another diagram of the audio section only, which I hope is correct!

You are very correct. Thank you for the input. Of course if i see different cable colors in the car i will find the pinouts with multimeter testing. Now i think i am complete in terms of cabling info and i will troubleshoot the unit. Hopefully SWC will be operational. I will report back the outcome of the troubleshooting.

Again, thank you very much for the schematics and your help on this.

jimaek22

Citazione di: Maya il 13 Aprile 2022, 15:26:00
Yes, I'm Federico.

Hi Federico-guys,
I did some troubleshooting today but unfortunately the steering buttons still does not work with the android unit.  So, from the info taken from the Ford wiring diagrams i confirmed that my car's SWC+ and SWC- are GY/YE and BN/GN. So, i took resistance measurements with my multimeter from the car's SWC+, SWC- and got different resistance values for every steering button pressed.
Then, from the car's OEM display plug I stripped the SWC+ cable and connected the android unit's Key1 cable. Then from the same car's plug, stripped the SWC- cable and connected an extra cable to the lighter's GND. Then opened the android steering wheel learning app and tried to program the buttons but to no avail. The problem is the following.
When opening the app, without having pressed any button on the steering wheel it seems that it has already received an X resistance value and tells you to press the preferred button to program it. If you press any button on the app, it stores this resistance value to it but it does not change to learning mode that is, to expect another steering button to be pressed in order to receive another resistance value so you can apply it to another button in the app instead, it continues to receive the same resistance as earlier.
That moment, if you press any button on the steering wheel the resistance does not change in the android app and then if you press another button in the app it stores the same resistance value as earlier. Of course, if you save the changes in the app, the steering wheel buttons does nothing on the android unit when pressed.
Also tried by connecting the Key1 to the lighter's GND but got the same results.

This thing drives me crazy. I didn't have more time to take out and check the android unit's 16pin harness but i guess the Key1 cable is either wrong placed or ι have to use the  android unit's key2 where I think there is no cable connected to the 16pin android unit plug.
My next step is to check all the android unit wiring to the car's harness. The problem is the item didn't have any installation instructions, wiring diagrams etc and also, there was no info in the item's aliexpress auction page and the seller does not reply to any of my messages. 

So after scavenging the internet I found some info from the site bellow.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/ford-fiesta-steering-wheel-buttons-not-working.4081065/

My android head unit is this one EKIY S7T model (4+64 ram, 4G+Wifi  8 Cores, 1280*720 display):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003059641319.html

From my research, i think that regardless the colors on the harness all those android units should have the same pinout functions for the main 16pin plug. Can you guys confirm if this is true?

If someone has any idea or can share any info to assist me please be my guest and do so.

Also, if someone of you guys happen to have a similar android head unit with mine can you please share the unit's wiring/installation diagrams/instructions?
Thanks in advance.

Maya

Have you tried pressing the reset button on the headunit?
Le mie Ford:

jimaek22

Citazione di: Maya il 16 Aprile 2022, 20:38:13
Have you tried pressing the reset button on the headunit?

I have done reset to factory defaults in the past due to touch screen unresponsiveness but not today. The thing is i connected steering buttons of another car that have SWC+ ,  SWC- and GND wires, connected them to SWC+ SWC- of the car's harness and the lighter GND and those were detected fine by the unit and worked fine.

jimaek22

Good morning to the community. Yesterday i found sometime to deal with the steering wheel issue and after troubleshooting i managed to make it work at last so i share my findings.
So for someone like me with a Chinese android unit that everything works except the steering wheel buttons then the following solved my problem.

Warning. The fix bellow applies for my wiring setup. But for someone that has electrical, electronics background this fix can be easily applied it to his setup. So you have been warned, this fix is to be applied from people that know what they are doing. In any case, you use it at your own risk, i am not held responsible if you break your device.

1) From the Fiesta's OEM display 12pin plug stripe the "SWC1+" or "SMC" cable (Check Fiesta's official wiring diagrams to identify the cable color and pin number) and connect the "Key1" or "Key2" cable to it (for me it worked with "Key1") of the 16pin android display main plug (see attached images. Take the pin-out numbers as a reference and not the cable colors as each Chinese harness may have different cable colors but the pin-out functions based on pinout numbers is the same for every 16pin android unit).

2) Again from the 12pin Fiesta's OEM display 12pin plug stripe the "SWC1-" or "SMC Ground" and "GND" cables (Check Fiesta's official wiring diagrams to identify the cable colors and pin numbers) and bridge them with a cable.

3) Confirm that the "GND" cable from 2 step is connected to the "GND" cable of 16pin android main plug (Check attached images).

The key point for the above fix to work is the that the "SWC1-" or "SMC Ground" and "GND" cables must have common the "GND" cable that is connected to the 16pin android main plug and not any other "GND" point on the car.

I hope the above to help someone to fix his steering buttons. Again, i would like to thank Federico for his valuable assistance on this.

Maya

Hi Dimitris,

I am happy to read that you were able to solve the problem.
In the end it was a simple thing but at first glance inexplicable, in fact the connections were made correctly. Probably if you connect the GND of the buttons to a point far from the Android head unit connector, electrical noises are detected that make the KEY1 (or KEY2) input "crazy", and the key is not detected.

Now I will translate what you have written into Italian, so that everyone can understand. Thank you on behalf of the Forum for sharing your experience!

Buongiorno a tutta la community. Ieri ho trovato del tempo per affrontare il problema ai comandi del volante e dopo la risoluzione dei problemi sono finalmente riuscito a farlo funzionare, quindi condivido la mia scoperta.
Quindi, per chi come me possiede un'unità Android cinese in cui funziona tutto tranne i pulsanti del volante, la seguente procedura ha risolto il mio problema.

Avvertenza. La seguente correzione si applica alla mia configurazione di cablaggio. Ma per qualcuno che ha conoscenze elettriche ed elettroniche, questa correzione può essere facilmente applicata alla sua configurazione. Quindi sei stato avvisato, questa correzione deve essere applicata da persone che sanno cosa stanno facendo. In ogni caso sarà a tuo rischio e pericolo, non sono ritenuto responsabile per guasti o rotture del tuo dispositivo.

1) Dal connettore originale a 12 pin che va alla radio della Fiesta, individuare il cavo "SWC1+" o "SMC" (controllare gli schemi elettrici ufficiali della Fiesta per identificare il colore del cavo e il numero pin) e collegarlo al cavo "Key1" o "Key2" (per me ha funzionato con "Key1") del connettore a 16 pin del dispositivo Android (vedi immagini allegate).
NOTA: Prendi come riferimento i numeri dei pin e non i colori dei cavi poiché ogni cablaggio cinese potrebbe avere colori dei cavi diversi. Le funzioni dei pin basati su i numeri di piedinatura sono gli stessi per ogni unità Android con connettore a 16 pin.

2) Sempre dal connettore originale a 12 pin della Fiesta, collegare il cavo "SWC1-" o "SMC GND" e "GND" tra di loro con uno spezzone di cavo (controllare gli schemi elettrici ufficiali della Fiesta per identificare il colore del cavo e il numero pin).

3) Assicurarsi di collegare lo spezzone di cavo del punto 2 direttamente al cavo "GND" del connettore a 16 pin del dispositivo Android (controlla le immagini allegate).

Il punto chiave per il buon funzionamento della procedura di cui sopra è che i cavi "SWC1-" o "SMC GND" vadano a collegarsi DIRETTAMENTE a "GND", perché devono avere in comune proprio questo cavo collegato al connettore principale a 16 pin dell'unità Android e NON qualsiasi altro punto di massa sulla macchina.
Le mie Ford:

🡱 🡳